APPLE VALLEY, CA – Assemblyman Thurston “Smitty” Smith announced Tuesday that the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association PAC had endorsed his campaign for the 34th Assembly District.
“The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association is California’s leading taxpayer watchdog group and continues the effort to defend Proposition 13 and fight for lower taxes,” said Thurston “Smitty” Smith. “I’m honored to have their support because fighting high taxes and government waste is one of my top priorities in the California Legislature.”
The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association PAC was founded to support candidates who support Proposition 13, taxpayer-friendly and fiscally responsible.
The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association join a long list of prominent endorsements backing Assemblyman Smith’s campaign, including:
- Congressman Jay Obernolte
- Senator Mike Morrell (ret.)
- Assemblyman Frank Bigelow
- San Bernardino County Republican Party
- San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus
- San Bernardino County District Attorney Jason Anderson
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Dawn Rowe
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Col. Paul Cook
- Safety Employees Benefit Association (SEBA)
- Riverside Sheriff’s Association (RSA)
- 17 Mayors and Councilmembers throughout the 34th District
The newly created 34th Assembly District encompasses most of the former 33rd Assembly District. It includes Apple Valley, Barstow, Big Bear Lake, California City, Hesperia, Lancaster, Palmdale, Twentynine Palms, Victorville, and portions of unincorporated San Bernardino, Los Angeles, and Kern Counties.
Thurston “Smitty” Smith is a retired concrete contractor and small businessman. He has served as the Mayor of Hesperia and currently serves in the State Assembly. Smitty and his wife, Margaret, have been married for 35 years and raised their two children in the San Bernardino County High Desert. For more information, visit: JoinSmitty.com