APPLE VALLEY, CA – Retired businessman and former mayor Thurston “Smitty” Smith announced Friday that he has received the endorsement of former California State Senator, Assemblyman, and Board of Equalization Member George Runner.
“Smitty is a long-time friend to taxpayers, and I trust him to remain committed to advocating on behalf of taxpayers and small businesses. As the Former Mayor of Hesperia, Smitty championed job creation. I trust him to be an effective leader in the State Assembly,” said Sen. George Runner (ret.).
Senator Runner joins a growing list of supporters for Thurston “Smitty” Smith, including:
- Congressman Col. Paul Cook (ret.)
- Senator Scott Wilk
- Senator Bob Dutton (ret.)
- Supervisor Robert Lovingood
- Supervisor Dawn Rowe
- Apple Valley Mayor Scott Nassif
- Adelanto Mayor Gabriel Reyes
- Hesperia Mayor Larry Bird
- Victorville Mayor Gloria Garcia
- Barstow Mayor Julie Hackbarth-Mcintyre